Everyday I like to read a book called the wish list by Barbara Ann Kipper. It’s a simple book with thousands of things to do. I suppose it’s something like a bucket list. I enjoy reading it and checking off things I’ve done and underlining things I want to do.
What I’d like to do today is list ten things, inspired by this book, that I have done (or want to do) right here in Southern New Mexico. Maybe you’d like to add them to your bucket list.
– Eat the world’s best chile
– Go to a Renaissance Fair in Renaissance Dress
– See a wonder of the world (white sands)
– Fly in a hot air balloon
– Go to a Mariachi Conference
– Go snow skiing and sun bathing on the same week. (Ruidoso & back to Cruces during Spring Break)
– See a coyote in the wild
– See a bobcat in the wild
– Wear t-shirts and shorts in December
– Go on a hike and feel like I’ve walked into the past (Dripping Springs)
I’d love to hear about your favorites. Tell me what you love to do here in town.
10. Sometimes it’s better not to listen to other people. (They’re just going to bring you down.)
9. Dress for yourself – not anyone else.
8. Laugh at ridiculous things as often as possible.
7. Look for love everywhere!!! (I said LOVE, not sex.)
6. Parents sometimes don’t know what they’re talking about.
5. Think outside the box!!! (Life is too short to be trapped doing something you don’t love.)
4. Live for today because there may not be a tomorrow.
3. Dare to be different!!!
2. Try something crazy once in a while.
AND the NUMBER ONE thing I’ve learned from teenagers is:
1. LIVE YOUR LIFE ON YOUR TERMS. LIVING TO PLEASE OTHERS WILL NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY!!!
Good Tuesday Morning All!!
Today’s topic for Las Cruces Mommies is story time. These are all free and fun for both young ones and their parents. If you haven’t been to Thomas Branigan MemorialLibrary http://www.las-cruces.org/Departments/Public%20Services/Services/Branigan%20Library.aspx yet, you are missing out on a great way to entertain your young ones and teach them to love reading. All Summer they have had wonderful activities for kids and they are not done yet.
Here’s what they’ve got going just this week:
- Today they will have Read To Me for kids 3 and up at 10:30 am.
- Tomorrow Toddler time is at 10 am and is for ages 1-3. If you’re worried there is nothing for your younger ones, don’t worry. They have Mother Goose time at 11 am on Wednesdays. That one is for babies birth to 13 months.
- Thursday at 10 am is more Toddler time for kids 1-3 years old. Then they host a Summer Screen time for all ages at 2 pm. (Kids can bring pillows to lay on to watch a great movie.)
- Finally Friday they have Rhythym Roundup. That one is for Toddlers 2-5 years old at 10:30 am.
Some of you might be thinking “Great, but I can’t do anything until Saturday.” Well in that case you need to make your way to COAS Bookstore, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coas-Bookstore/220629651281638. They host a great story time on Saturday mornings at 10:30 am for kids of all ages. When they’re done, kids get a ticket for a free book. The story tellers are wonderful and kids really enjoy themselves. I love the story time at COAS because they usually have something going on for parents as well.
Hope you’re having a great week!!!
Well Mommies, it’s HOT!!! Sometimes in mid-Summer we all start to feel like we’re melting and just need to get the kids out….while still staying cool. What in the world are our options?
Here are just a few. My absolute favorite is the Aquatic Center. It’s a great place to take the entire family. There is a walk-in area for little ones to play in. There’s a slide, a winding river, a warm pool and a lap pool all in a nice indoor play area. To learn more about the Aquatic Center call 575-541-AQUA. It’s such a great place to relax all afternoon, cool off, work out or even hold a birthday party.
Oh, speaking of birthday parties. Who wants to have one outside this time of year? UGH!! Did you know you can have one at the Royal Bounce in the Mesilla Valley Mall? If you haven’t taken your kids there yet, it’s a sure-fire way to wear them out!! They can bounce to their heart’s delight. Then you can walk them over the Museum Of Natural History right next to JCPenny. Just hurry to see that one. The Museum is moving Downtown on August 5th.
Another great place to have a birthday party is at Cruces Gymnatics Academy on 601 S Espanola St.. They will provide your kids with great activities and entertainment and all you have to do is show up and enjoy! For more information on parties with them or to sign your kiddos up for classes check them out at http://crucesgymnasticsacademy.com/.
Stay tuned to learn about more fun activities. There’s always something!!!
Last night I met someone new to Las Cruces. She and a friend of mine were talking about how they had no idea what all was available to do here in town. Since I have been here for quite some time and am constantly looking for new experiences, I know about a lot of really fun and great activities for kids and families here in town. For the next few articles, I’ll be listing all the different activities we have enjoyed. Some will just be for kids. Others are for the entire family.
Today I’ll introduce you to the Farmers Market. I know. This one is very obvious, but if you are new to Las Cruces, maybe you don’t know how great it is. On Wednesday and Saturday mornings, the farmers market is a wonderful place to take your husband, your kids….even your dog. This is an extremely family friend event that happens twice a week every week. It’s held at the North Downtown Mall area and has something for everyone. There’s music, food, sometimes dance or singing performances and of course crafts galore.
This is also the place to wander down and see another great place to go. The Rio Grande Theater is downtown as well. I’ve been there for FREE dance performances, children’s performances and several awards presentations. If you haven’t checked it out, go today.
For more information on the market go to http://lascrucesfarmersmarket.org/.
To see what’s going on at the Rio Grande theater, check out http://www.riograndetheatre.com/.
Thank you to Bryan Chasko. Now you need to let me know what services you’d like to take advantage of.
Me: You see, that’s why I don’t buy Doritos. They are like crack to me.
Hubby: That’s why I don’t buy crack. It’s like Doritos to me.